Position Description: Adaptive Sports Program Site Coordinator Wounded Warrior Support - Fort Knox, KY. The Adaptive Sports Program Site Coordinator provides and facilitates non-medical support to combat and non-combat Wounded, Ill, and Injured (WII) recovering Service member to assist them as they return to duty or transition to civilian life.
- Provides effective and efficient adaptive sports and reconditioning programs for recovering Services members.
- Identifies populations to be served based on age, disability and interests.
- Coordinates adaptive sports opportunities with local community organizations.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with senior military and community leadership as well as activity participants.
- Identifies community resources to provide support and augment the program.
- Provides a daily onsite presence at assigned installation to readily engage with Service members to encourage participation in activity.
- Demonstrated quality communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills required with attention to detail and follow-through a must.
- Ability to complete projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of practical experience. Preference will be given to degrees in the areas of sports management, recreation, adaptive physical education, recreation, therapeutic recreation or related field.
- Military experience preferred.
- Ability to participate in activities as needed.
Major Job activities and mental requirements:
- Multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to perform under stress
- Reading and comprehension
- Problem solving
- Customer contact
If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to a position on our website, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 379-9311 extension 1405 to request accommodations
Posted on Tue, April 30, 2013
by Daisy Perez