Sonia Shankman Orthogenic School
Job Description: Assist the class room teacher with all aspects of the academic program. Interact on a daily basis with students, teachers, adjunct faculty, and residential staff and is an integral part of the classroom organization and structure
- Assist elementary classroom teacher with the instruction of students in core content area
- Communicative effectively with students, staff, and parents
- Work with the classroom teacher to establish maintain safe and effective classroom routines
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, individual plan meetings, or clinically based meetings on an enjoining basis.
- Design, prepare, and implement lessons in coordination with the classroom teacher.
- Document student progress
- Assist the teacher by completing tasks outside of the classroom such as Xeroxing and filing.
- Collaborate with educational stand to develop innovative and thoughtful curriculum that meets the needs of students currently enrolled
- Bachelor’s Degree in liberal arts, education or related field
- High school mathematic certificate preferred or type 39 with class work towards certification.
- Three years of classroom experience within a special education setting preferred
- Ability to relate to special needs students in a constructive and therapeutic manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cooperate effectively with school team
- Empowering families and a willingness to work in a high demanding work situation that requires flexibility and innovativeness
For more information and to apply online: http://orthogenicschool.uchicago.edu/employment.html
Phone Contact: 773-702-1203
Tue, April 9, 2013
by Daisy Perez