Campbellsville University is located on an 80-acre tract within the city limits of Campbellsville. A short analysis of each facility follows:
Administration Building (AD) (1940)
The Administration Building houses administrative offices, business and economics faculty offices, and classrooms.
Alumni Building (AB) (1953/1988)
The Alumni Building houses the University Theater, theater faculty office, ESL Institute, a student lounge, and classrooms.
Art Building (2007)
The Art building, which is located directly behind the Art Gallery on University Drive, includes a lobby, classrooms, and faculty offices for the art department.
Art Gallery (AG) (2007)
A Bedford stone house that is located on University Drive directly across from the Gosser Fine Arts Center. The Art Gallery houses a gallery for showing of art work, a kitchen and additional office space for the art department.
Art Annex (AX)
The Art Annex houses art classrooms and faculty classrooms.
The athletic fields are as follows: Baseball, Football, Soccer and Softball.
Badgett Academic Support Center (BASC)
This structure contains the offices of Academic Support, Career Services, and Introductory Studies as well as the Citizens Bank and Trust Writting/Tutoring Center, the Learning Commons, The Banquet Hall and an atrium classroom.
Bennett-Smith Nursing Building (NB) (2006)
The School of Nursing is located in this new 7,600-square foot building. This facility, which includes two large classrooms, a nursing lab, computer lab, office space and conference room, provides a state of the art learning center.
Betty Dobbins Heilman House (PH) (1997)
The Betty Dobbins Heilman House is used as a residence for the University President and family.
Broadcast Center (BR) (2005)
The Broadcast Center houses a Class A television station (TV-4), campus radio station, classroom, and offices.
Broadway Hall (BH) (1997)
Broadway Hall, formerly Air-View Motel, was purchased in 1997 and converted into a men’s residence hall.
Counseling Center (CSH) (2000)
The Counseling Center is located at 202 Meader Street. The Center provides confidential personal counseling in a caring atmosphere to assist students in dealing with these innermost needs.
Carver School of Social Work and Counciling (SW) (2004)
The Carver School of Social Work Building houses offices for Caver School of Social Work, a mini computer lab, and a student social area for program majors.
Center for International Education (CIE) (2005)
The Center for International Education houses the administrative offices for international student services and study abroad programs. The office features a study abroad library and lounge area where students can meet and learn more about international opportunities.
Central Apartments (CA) and Todd Street Apartments (TA) (2000)
This apartment complex, located on Todd Street, was purchased in 2000 and is used for married students, students who are eligible to move out of residence halls, and other tenants. Each two-bedroom apartment is air conditioned and equipped with washer and dryer.
Clay Hill Memorial Forest (CL) (1996)
This 135+ acre forested property, located on Highway 289 (Old Lebanon Road), was donated to the University by Edwin L. White and George W. Howell in May 1996. The Joan White Howell Environmental Education Center was constructed on the property in 2001 and provides classroom, pavilion and display areas for visiting school groups.
Druien Hall (DH) (1953)
Druien Hall houses offices for faculty of the School of Theology and journalism as well as classrooms. The second floor houses the office of Institutional Research and the third floor houses the Social Science Division.
E. Bruce Heilman Student Complex (2005)
This facility houses the Winters Dining Hall and the Davenport Student Commons buildings. The dining hall has a cafeteria and presidential dining room. The Student Commons houses the Barnes and Noble Campbellsville University Bookstore, Campus Post Office, WHI Hardwood Café, Starbuck® kiosk and a student lounge. The E. Bruce Heilman Student Complex was named in honor of Dr. E. Bruce Heilman, Campbellsville University graduate and trustee. The Davenport Student Commons was named in honor of Dr. Randy Davenport, former president of Campbellsville University, 1969-1988. The Winters Dining Hall was named in honor of Dr. Ken Winters, former president of Campbellsville University, 1988-1999.
Education Building (EB) (2009)
This 14,000 square foot facility houses the School of Education. Classrooms and offices are complimented by computer and resources labs as well as a small auditorum.
Financial Aid House (FAH) (2003)
The Financial Aid House is located on North Columbia Avenue and houses all financial aid services for students. A computer lab is available to assist students with their financial aid applications, scholarship searches, and student loan applications and counseling.
Gheens Recital Hall (GRH) (1998)
The Gheens Recital Hall is a well-equipped facility with seating capacity for over 200 people and is used for a variety of purposes such as student recitals and performances as well as civic events that involve the entire community. The room was named in honor of Edwin Gheens, represented by the Gheens Foundation, Louisville, Kentucky.
Gosser Fine Arts Center (GC) (1949/1997)
The Gosser Fine Arts Center houses offices for faculty in Fine Arts, classrooms, music practice rooms, and a photography lab. The new area of this building was completed in spring 1998 and includes new space for a recital hall, band practice room and a chorale room.
Gosser Gym (GG) (2007)
The Gosser gymnasium houses a multi-purpose gym with a walking track. The Gosser gym is the home of Tiger Wrestling and includes their locker rooms, and offices.
Hawkins Athletic Complex (HC) (2003)
The 20,000-square-foot Hawkins Athletic Complex houses a weight room, baseball and football locker rooms and coaches’ offices on the first floor. The second floor houses the Human Performance Department, ROTC, faculty offices and classrooms as well as a conference room.
H & W Sport Shop Ronnie Hord Field House (HFH) (1988)
Formerly known as the Athletic Annex, the H & W Sport Shop Ronnie Hord Field House, provides facilities and athletics offices. This building is a structure which conveniently adjoins Finley Stadium and Houchen’s Insurance Group Field.
Indoor Practice Center (IPC)
A 9,600-square-foot facility, designed for athletic practice, the facility also provides an alternative site for large group activities.
JK Powell Athletic Center (AC) (1970)
The Powell Athletic Center houses the offices of the athletic director, gymnasium, swimming pool, classrooms, exercise rooms, and dressing rooms. This building is named in honor of former president of Campbellsville University, the late Dr. J.K. Powell, former president of Campbellsville University 1968-1969.
John M. Carter Hall (CH) (1950/1996)
Carter Hall is a building formerly used as a men’s residence hall. This building provides faculty offices for the areas of mathematics, CIS, physics, humanities, modern languages, and education. The Carter Hall academic facility also provides space for computer and physics laboratories, laser optics lab, instructional media and design labs. This building is named in honor of the late Dr. John M. Carter, former president of Campbellsville University 1948-1968.
Montgomery Library (ML) (1959/1983)
The Montgomery Library houses study areas, staff offices, staff work areas, a 20-station computer lab, and The Teaching Learning Resource Center (TLRC). This building is named in honor of the late Dr. Ed Montgomery, who is a former trustee for Campbellsville University.
North Hall (NH) (1965)
North Hall has been renovated and is now a men’s residence hall.
Physical Plant (2007)
A six-acre facility consisting of a large office and shop building and several large open storage and parking structures.
Physical Plant Annex
Located at 515 Meader St. on the northwest cornor of campus, this small facility provides storage for grounds keeping and maintenance equipment.
Press Box at Finley Stadium (1998)
The Press Box is a four-story building that houses a concession stand, football storage, presidential suite, and press area. This building has a total of 3,456 square feet.
Ralph A. Tesseneer Sr. Welcome Center
A renovated house used for welcoming large groups, conducting meetings, and hosting smaller receptions. it is named in honor of trustee and benefactor Dr. Ralph A. Tesseneer Sr.
Ransdell Chapel (RC) (2007)
The Ransdell Chapel consists of an 800-seat auditorium, with room for seating of 100 on the chancel or stage, a large classroom that will seat up to 100 people, and the Baptist Campus Ministries (BCM) offices and BCM student lounge. This facility is named after current trustee and spouse, Dr. George and Betty Ransdell.
Residence Village (1999)
The village consists of eight separate air-conditioned buildings and one with eight units that includes a large community common area for guests, with two residence hall directors overseeing all units. The village is capable of housing up to 228 students, with each unit housing up to six residents. The residence hall directors and laundry room are housed in one of the units. Each unit has three bedrooms and three baths, a kitchenette (no stoves or hot plates allowed) with sink, counter and bar, as well as a common area with couches and a table. Each unit has a private outside entrance and bedrooms have separately keyed locks.
Shely Science Center (SSC) (1963/1997)
The Shely Science Center houses offices for science faculty, classrooms, laboratories and a greenhouse. A large addition was added in 1997 that doubled the size of the structure and incorporated the latest technology for instruction in the natural and physical sciences.
South Hall (1966/1995)
This men’s residence hall consists of two wings. South Hall-West (SHW) was constructed in 1966. South Hall-East (SHE) This wing was constructed in 1995 and features suite-style rooms. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, phone service, cable television, and internet access.
Stapp Hall (ST) (1967)
The current building is the third to bear the name of the late Mr. J. S. Stapp, the initial donor for the first dormitory built on the campus. The women’s residence hall features air conditioning, phone service, cable television, and internet access.
Student Activities Center (SC) (1921/1991)
This building, originally built for use as a gymnasium and for assemblies, was renovated in 1991. It houses intramural activities facilities, conference, snack, and game rooms, TV room, and gymnasium. The gymnasium is used for student and community activities and assemblies.
Student Services (SS) (1998)
This facility provides a one-stop source of services for students. This includes offices for the Dean of Student Services, director for residence life, campus nurse and doctor, security and Student Government Association.
Student Welcome Center (SWC) (1998)
The Student Welcome Center (formerly used as the Music Annex) provides a centralized resource for new and continuing students relating to admissions, and continuing studies.
Technology Training Center (TTC) (2001)
The Technology Training Center provides training for area business and industry and enhanced technology facilities for the academic community. The Tech Center is furnished with state-of-the-art computers, CAT (computer assisted technology) lab and training facilities. It also houses the Office of Information Technology.
Tennis Complex (2005)
The new tennis complex consists of six lighted tennis courts.
Tuggle-Morris Wellness Center (WE) (2003)
This addition to Powell Athletic Center houses the wellness center, a classroom/hospitality room, athletic training facility, and offices for coaches, trainers, and Health Promotion, Human Performance and Leisure Studies faculty. This facility is named after
University Communications (CMH) (2002)
The Office of University Communications is located at 526 Hoskins Street, across from the Betty Dobbins Heilman House (President’s Home). The Office of University Communications is responsible for the university’s advertising, news releases, media relations, photography, the alumni magazine, the Campbellsvillian, and external and internal publications.