Business Manager/Office Support – Waukegan, IL
Lakeshore Academy, an affiliate of The Menta Group, is a Special Education Services school offering elementary, middle, and high school programming to special education students in the northern suburbs of Chicago, Illinois area. Ttherapeutic and educational services are provided for at-risk and behavior, emotional, developmentally disabled children living in and around the Waukegan and Lake County area. Small class size, intensive clinical services, and a competently trained staff of educators combine to make this a positive and dynamic place to learn. The emphasis is placed on teamwork and creativity to provide this positive environment for our students to excel.
The elementary and middle school curricula emphasize real-world, community-based learning. Classrooms are designed to be active learning environments where young people have the opportunity to experience educational and behavioral success on a regular basis. The high school curriculum is intended to aid students in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to become eligible for post-secondary education and/or employment. Emphasis is placed on developing a key set of skills that are common across both educational and employment settings.
Background: Lake Shore Academy is approved as a nonpublic special education program (under Section14-7.02 of the Illinois School Code) for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
* Be able to be fluent in both English and Spanish.
* Perform all aspects of billing to school districts.
* Perform accounts receivable function for school.
* Maintain staff attendance records.
* Maintain staff personnel records.
* Procure supplies for school.
* Prepare payroll information for school staff.
* Prepare Workers' Compensation reports as required.
* Complete miscellaneous projects assigned by principal.
* Receive visitors to the program.
* Prepare business correspondence.
* Gather and transmit billing data and reports.
* Set up and provide assistance for in-house and off-site meetings.
* Contact school sites to obtain information.
* Must be comfortable working in a busy fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
* Knowledge of modern business communications and grammar, including style and format of letters and memoranda.
* Demonstrated experience with Dynamics or similar software preferred.
* Knowledge of MS Office Excel and Word.
* Good organizational and filing skills.
* Demonstrated competency with basic accounting practices.
* Must be a good team player.
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently and accomplish objectives with minimal supervision.
Apply at this web site: www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply
E-mail resume to mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake Shore Academy
621 Belvidere Road
Waukegan, IL 60085
Phone: (847) 599-1680
Posted on Thu, January 23, 2014
by Kyle Becknell