FR: Kay Drak
RE: Temporary Open PositionJ anuary 14, 2014
Centre College is seeking applicants to fill the position of Temporary Career Counselor. Individual will provide career exploration and job search counseling to students and alumni in all majors and assist with program development and implementation. Individual will report to Interim Director of Career Services. Position is for the Spring 2014 semester through May 2014, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. with possible occasional weekends and /or evenings.
· Provide comprehensive career counseling to undeclared students, students in all majors, and to alumni.
· Utilize interest, values and personality assessments to assist students in their career decision-making.
· Recommend, administer, and interpret standardized career assessment inventories.
· Guide students through the internship and job search process.
· Assist students in the process of researching and applying to graduate and professional schools.
· Conduct resume critiques and mock interviews.
· Develop and present outreach programming to students in a variety of settings including classrooms, residence halls, and student organization meetings.
· Collaborate with faculty on discipline-specific programming as needed.
· Assist with marketing and outreach efforts to students.
· Function as an integral member of the Career Services team by attending regular staff meetings and collaborating on all events and programming.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Masters degree in counseling, psychology or related field.
· Or, if doing this as a graduate practicum, completing a Masters in one of the above.
· Valid drivers license required.
Interested individuals may apply online by visiting: www.centre.jobs
CENTRE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on Sat, January 25, 2014