CU Career Services Facebook Page "Like" us for on-campus workshops, useful career articles, and job opportunities!
What Can I Do With A Major In...
This website will help you to explore careers connected with various academic majors.
Occupational Outlook and Career Info Visit this website for info from the US Government about career outlook (potential for growth and demand) as well as info on what degree/experience is required for each career. (www.bls.gov)
CAREER MENTOR VOLUNTEERS Students can connect with a career professional in their chosen field and gain one-on-one coaching/advice for their chosen career paths. Business leaders and key alumni are willing to offer support to students needing advise, job shadowing and overall specific career guidance. Contact info at http://www.campbellsville.edu/students
What Jobs Fit With Your Major?
Choosing a major has always been difficult for college students. Now, with the job market in flux, it's more important than ever that you declare a major in a field that you not only enjoy, but that will offer many employment opportunities after graduation. Read more of this article by clicking here.
TypeFocus is a career matching assessment based on values/interest that helps students to better understand themselves and take their first steps in determining a potential Careers/Majors fitting that career.Watch the 2-minute informational video, click here
a. Take online career assessment: Login to www.typefocus.com using your student email address, create your own password, then login using our organizational access code, which you can receive by contacting Career Services email or call 270-789-5450
Review the resources below, begin preparing a draft of your resume, or at least a list of work experience, skills, etc... Then call/email to make an appointment for individual assistance/resume review! Sample Resumes tips : www.vault.com resumes.com career builder.com
WorkAlpha provides additional FREE job search resources, including resume samples and cover letter samples
Job Search ebook that can be downloaded for free to students, staff and alumni at: http://workalpha.com/job-search-ebook/.
WHAT is An Internship?
Internships are typically one-time work or service experiences related to the student’s major or career goal. The internship plan generally involves students working in professional settings under the supervision of practicing professionals. Internships can be paid or unpaid, and the student could possibly receive academic hours credit for performing the internship. Once you find the internship lead that you are interested in, contact your advisor/professor from your discipline, or career services to see if the internship qualifies for academic credit. Interns get hired much more often by companies after graduation. Internships are essential for young graduates with limited career experience! Click here to read an article regarding the first two steps that should be taken in regards to an internship.
INTERNSHIP Job Search Resources:
Intern to Earn - Louisville-based internships in a variety of career fields
Aftercollege.com - nationwide resource for internships and part-time jobs
The Washington Center - government and political internships in D.C. and abroad
Comprehensive list available on Career Services' Internship page
CEI Internships Directory - username: CentreC password: Cen201213 This is a huge listing of internships and temporary employment resources, especially helpful for finding a variety of internships or summer work programs
Entertainment Careers/Internships - multiple arts/entertainment opportunities accross the US
Graduate School Resources -- www.graduateguide.com The site is a directory of searchable graduate school listings along with testing information, financial aid and graduate school news.
Creating an Academic Vita --An academic vita is a summary of your professional training and background. Visit this site for tips on creating a professional vita: http://www.socialpsychology.org/vitatips.htm
Career Videos (brief videoclips/resources)
JOB & CAREER FAIRS-- Campbellsville University offers multiple Career Fair opportunities each Spring semester (2 are on-campus, & 1 is a career fair for students/grads of private colleges only-- in Lexington, KY each February. FREE transportation provided. See Events page for details. For a copy of2014-Job-Fair Company website listing- contact us.
Job News USA, Louisville-area Job Fairs: http://louisville.jobnewsusa.com/jobcategory/Career_Fair.aspx
Women for Hire Career Expos: http://womenforhire.com/career_expos/
JOB SEARCH RESOURCE Links
Best Job Sites Reviews: http://www.reviews.com/job-sites/
- USAJOBS.gov - USAJOBS is the official job site of the United States Federal Government. source for Federal jobs and employment information.
- urbanemploy.com - Urban Employ includes jobs and internship opportunities with broader regions and enhanced social networking capabilities, and our powerful, patent-pending Employer-Candidate Manager.
- employment.com - Search for careers based on region or keywords
- recruitingABLEgrads.com- This website helps college graduates with disabilities find jobs.
- http://jobs.todayscampus.com/ - A great site for Master’s grads seeking employment in Higher Education director level positions & more!
- www.JobTop.org is one of the fastest-growing job search engines in the U.S. We already collaborate with many universities to help their students search for careers easily and for free.
- Jobmanji -- free job search with opportunities in Science, Engineering, Environment/Nature, Utilities (energy, Technology & many other markets. --Jobs throughout USA, Canada, the UK and Europe.
- Traveling Nurse - Free career resource for nursing career opportunities and jobs in the exciting field of travel nursing. The site has free resources on how to become a travel nurse, benefits, salary, how to find a job and numerous other FAQ’s.
- Snagajob.com- more than 100,000 hourly positions - all screened and approved jobs in retail, restaurants, customer service, etc. Easy for busy students to apply for multiple jobs, and 100% free to use.
- Neuvoo- a job search engine that indexes jobs directly from companies' career websites, placement agencies and jobs board. It is much like the Google of job searches.