Public Child Welfare Certification Program (PCWCP)
An application selection process will be used to choose a select number of students each academic year at each of the participating universities who show interest in pursuing a career in child protective services. Please contact the Carver School of Social Work & Counseling to schedule an appointment with the PCWCP Coordinator for application details. Those selected receive a financial stipend and tuition assistance in exchange for years of employment with the Kentucky Cabinet for Families and Children.
Eligibility Requirements - To apply for the PCWCP, the student must …
• Be enrolled full time and pursuing a Bachelor of Social Work
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 2.5
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or a “B” average in all Social Work courses
• Have at least three semesters and not more than four of undergraduate Social Work courses left to take
• Have taken a Social Work practice course prior to taking the second of two PCWCP courses
An application selection process will determine a maximum of 15 full-time students each academic year at each of the participating universities. Please see the PCWCP Coordinator for application details.