The heart of the School of Theology is to produce world changers. Jesus first issued the call for "world changers" to his own disciples: "The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields" (Matt. 9:37-39, NLT). The need for workers in the harvest has never been greater. Students enter the School of Theology responding to God's claim on their lives for the varied work of ministry in and through the church of the Lord Jesus Christ. Who are world changers? The School of Theology identifies world changers as persons who are . . .
- Passionately evangelical: whose message is the good news of the love of God in Christ Jesus;
- Rooted in the Biblical story: who know the power of the word of God in a person's life;
- Church-connected: who know that Jesus created the church to be his hands and feet in the world;
- Servant leaders: who know that the greatest power in the world is to serve others in the name of Christ;
- Spiritual entrepreneurs: who discover people's spiritual needs and find creative ways to meet them; and
- Partners in an enduring fellowship: who forge brotherhoods and sisterhoods for friendship and partnership in the gospel.
The School of Theology has built this mission on three foundations: first, we are committed to the kingdom of God: as baptized believers our first allegiance is to God's rule that is coming yet already present among us; second, we are committed to Christian higher education: as lifelong learners we are committed to loving God in the academy with our whole heart, mind, soul, and strength; and, third, we are committed to a "divine conspiracy": as apprentices of Jesus, forgiven by the finished work of Jesus on the cross, we have received the Holy Spirit of promise, the promise of transformation from the inside out.
Upon these foundations we and our students attept to learn and livve deeply into six core values, or disciplines, in order to more fully become world changers...
| Passionately Evangelical
| Rooted in the Biblical Story
| Church Connected
| Servant Leaders
| Spiritual Entrepreneurs
| Partners in an Enduring Fellowship