College Prep Day, which is open to all vocal, piano, string, brass, woodwind and percussion students, is a half-day event designed to give high school students a deeper understanding of life as a music major or minor at any college or university.
This year, College Prep Day is on Friday, Nov. 21 from 1-4 p.m. EST.
On the day of the event, students will
- Perform a solo piece in a mock audition for a panel of university faculty members and receive written feedback about their performance.
- Take a theory and aural skills test similar to the entrance exams given by most colleges and universities.
- Attend a mini-recital, featuring a variety of current university music majors.
- Participate in a panel discussion with Campbellsville University faculty and students discussing topics such as How to prepare for an audition, Choosing the right college, and What you (really) need to know to survive your freshman year.
- Sit in on a choral or instrumental ensemble rehearsal.
Students and their parents will also have the opportunity to take a guided tour of Campbellsville University, and Admissions personnel will also be available throughout the afternoon to discuss college scholarships and financial aid options.
There is no cost to participate, but students must register by Nov. 3. Note that space is limited, so register early!
Questions? Email Dr. William Budai at email@example.com.