Dana Sealing Manufacturing, LLC - KY: Tool & Die Repair
Job ID: 9395
Location: Danville KY
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
To perform daily corrective and preventive die maintenance.
1. Repairs and optimizes production tooling while attaining safety, quality, and production goals.
2. Plans the set-up and operation of all types of machine shop tools including lathe, mills, grinders, etc. considering types of material, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
3. Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and components with micrometers, thickness gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc.
4. Confirms performance of die by installing die; inspecting operation of die; making adjustments; comparing finished product to specifications.
5. Resolves assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
6. Perform die repair, inspection, troubleshooting, and tooling machinery operation to ensure company and customer of a defect free product.
7. Answer press calls and make repairs in the press as needed.
8. May assist in die set-ups in press for tryout and modifications.
9. Disassembles tooling to be repaired or sharpened.
10. Sharpens die sections and punches.
11. Follow safety procedures and use PPE as indicated.
12. Safe operation of overhead cranes is required to transport dies from one location to another.
13. Follow all ISO 14001 and TS 16949 standards.
14. Attend any or all classes related to company policies or procedures that directly affect company personnel.
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
• 3 – 5 years experience of die repair in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Ability to read blueprints
• Ability to use grinding machines, drilling machines, milling machines, and lathe machines.
• Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
• Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction • Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines • Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from a management, team members, suppliers and customers • Team work / collaborative style • Able to use computer and software as required • Work overtime and travel as required.
• Able to work under pressure of meeting schedules, production deadlines, and managing multiple priorities.
JOB CATEGORY: General Management (Management (any level), Executive, Supervisor)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: General and Operations Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee FULLTIME
JOB PAYMENT: SALARY
SALARY RANGE: $17.22
ZIP CODE: 40422
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): PCK367-11642
STREETADDRESS: 500 Techwood Dr
JOB APPLY URL:
Thu, August 15, 2013
by Teresa Elmore