Position Title: Digital Media Intel
Company Name: Governor's School for Entrepreneurs
Location of Job: Georgetown
: 200 W. Vine Street
: Suite 420
City : Lexington
State : Kentucky
Zip Code : 40507
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (958) 619-9062
Position Description: Overview
Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs 2014 will be held from June 22nd - July 12th on the campus of Georgetown College. The Social & Digital Media Intern reports for duty on June 16th for training prior to opening day.
The GSE program is designed to teach high school students how to turn an idea for a product or service into a business opportunity. The program is a hands-on, immersive creative experience for students. Activities include guest lecturers, field trips to startup companies and large production facilities, team building exercises and recreational activities. The spirit of the program is to foster and encourage collaborative learning through team work and positive social interactions.
The Digital Media Intern supports the Program Director and will help create and publish digital content from an experiential learning environment. He/she will assist in creating and maintaining an archive of digital images, videos, and other content. Position is unpaid but individual will be provided room and board on Georgetown College campus from June 16th- July 12th.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Creates digital projects with photography, audio, and video for online distribution.
• Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos and videos from GSE 2014 activities and events.
• Organizes digital images according to purpose and designated categories.
• Positive, proactive, and energetic attitude, strong work ethic and highly dependable.
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration with others.
• Experience with Apple and Microsoft applications, photo-editing software such as Photoshop and InDesign, & video-editing software, such as Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Abode Premier, etc.
• Access to video equipment, through school or personal means.
• Polished written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a sometimes challenging and frenzied environment.
• Resourceful and creative.
GSE is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment will be conditioned upon an unremarkable background check.
Contact Name: Christine Wildes
Website Address for Applying Online: http://gse.kstc.com/
Posted on Fri, November 8, 2013
by Kyle Becknell