Rank I/Director of Special Education
University is now offering a Director of Special Education program available to educators
interested in continuing their professional education and obtaining a
rank change. Courses are offered in an online format.
To achieve Rank I with DOSE certification, student must complete 33 hours as follows:
(a) 15 hours of professional education "core" courses
18 hours from the professional specialty option courses in the Rank I program.
The DOSE Certification program may be taken independently of Rank I.
For further information, please contact Norma Wheat, Chair, Special Education Programs at email@example.com or 270.789.5169.
- Submit admission application to graduate admissions. To apply online, click here
The following must be submitted to the office of graduate admissions:
- Copy of valid teacher's certificate indicating Master's Degree
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (Required GPA: 2.75)
The following documents must be submitted to:
School of Education
1 University Drive, UPO 791
Campbellsville, KY 42718
- Copy of Current Professional Growth Plan
- Disposition Recommendation 1516
- Code of Ethics Character and Fitness 1516
- Diversity Survey 1516
- Documentation to verify three (3) years experience as a teacher of special education, or
- Documentation to verify one (1) year as a teacher of special education and two (2) years as school psychologist, or
- Documentation to verify three (3) years as master's level speech language pathologist
- 1 letter of recommendation from building administrator or district level administrator
**The documentation of experience may be contained within the letter of recommendation or it may also be submitted as a separate document.