· The elementary counselor is responsible for the development of a guidance program at the local school level that will implement the district's guidance plans. Counselors provide systematic and ongoing individual and group counseling
· Services related to the academic, social, vocational and personal development of students. Elementary counselors
· Provides individual, small group, and classroom guidance and counseling for students, parents, and staff to
· Coordinates and interprets state and district testing programs in the school.
· Upon request.
· Promotes positive school-community relationships through active participation in school and civic organizations
· And functions.
· Coordinates the health programs and services for the local school.
· Coordinates services and programs for the strengthening of parenting skills.
· Collaborates with staff in placing students in the most appropriate instructional program and classroom setting.
· The work is primarily sedentary. It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. The
· Work requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations. The work at times requires bending,
· Master's Degree with major in guidance and counseling
· Certification in guidance and counseling by Kentucky Department of Education
· Three (3) years of successful teaching experience or relevant school based experience
· Rank I with Standard Guidance Certificate
For more information and to apply go to:
Mon, February 18, 2013
by daisy perez