The Campbellsville University TESL Endorsement program includes 5 courses (see below) with a total of 13 hours of course work, and has a 30-hour field experience component built in, with each of the 5 courses requiring 6 hours of the field experience. These field experiences reflect a developmental progression, from simple observation/reporting to assisting a teacher and actual teaching. The “English to Speakers of Other Languages” portion of the Praxis II exam is required after the completion of all the endorsement coursework, after which the endorsement will be granted by the Commonwealth of Kentucky and attached to the teacher certification.
- TSL/ED 240 Language and Culture - 2 hours
- TSL/ED 250 TESL Assessment and Testing - 2 hours
- TSL/ED 340 L2 Acquisition and the Skill Set - 3 hours
- TSL/ED 440 Applied Linguistics and English Grammar - 3 hours
- TSL/ED 460 TESL Methods and Materials for P-12 Teaching - 3 hours
ESL Curriculum Guidesheet