- Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: Perform work of moderate difficulty while receiving training in the application of environmental health programs and in the enforcement of regulations through formal classroom training and on-the-job experience.
- Perform duties with close monitoring by professional supervisory personnel until properly trained to perform functions independently.
- Perform regular inspections of tourist accommodations, schools, swimming pools to ensure compliance with state and local regulations pertaining to environmental health, this may include taking product samples and forwarding for testing.
- Work with on-site sewage program and general sanitation such as nuisance complaints, rabies control, and vector control.
- Inspect food establishments for compliance with state regulations pertaining to sanitation.
- Request assistance from supervisors in situations beyond his/her scope of training and experience. Assist in other counties within District as needed.
Minimum Education: Bachelor Degree from a college or university with a minor or twenty-four (24) semester hours in environmental health, biological or physical science or registration as a Kentucky Environmental Specialist/Sanitarian under KRS 223. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Applications may be obtained at the local health department or www.lcdhd.org or from Lake Cumberland District Health Department, 500 Bourne Avenue, Somerset, KY 42051 at 606-678-4761.
Completed application and transcript must be returned by 4:30 pm (ET) Friday, March 15, 2013 to Lake Cumberland District Health Department, 500 Bourne Avenue, Somerset, KY 4205.
Posted on Fri, March 8, 2013
by daisy perez