Job Number: 585069
Location: Campbellsville, UNITED STATES
Business Unit : Industrial Technologies Sector
Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to create and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King®, and Trane®, work together to inspire progress for our customers. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visit www.ingersollrand.com
Ingersoll Rand Industrial Technologies provides products, services and solutions that enhance our customers' energy efficiency, productivity and operations. Our diverse and innovative products range from complete compressed air systems, tools and pumps to material and fluid handling systems. We also enhance productivity through solutions created by Club Car(R), the global leader in golf and utility vehicles for businesses and individuals.
The Materials Manager will be responsible for all production scheduling, materials planning, materials control, materials strategy, and all materials project initiatives. This position is also a key enabler of lean and continuous improvement in the plant. In addition, this position is accountable for materials department indirect labor productivity. Key performance indicators for this position are inventory turns, on-time shipping to requested date and/or order fill rate, and days past due.
• Primary point of responsibility for materials management for the site.
• Ensures optimization of all materials management activities including scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, materials movement, supplier performance measurement, and indirect materials management.
• Responsible for the implementation, support and compliance of the Materials and SIOP standard work playbook processes and systems to facilitate the fulfillment process from production planning to material procurement and warehousing, through product shipment.
• Facilitates interaction with Sourcing, Engineering, Accounting, Marketing and Quality Assurance in support of the business’s strategic goals.
• Develop and drive countermeasures for underperforming key processes and/or material suppliers.
• Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of materials functions and Ingersoll Rand’s operating goals and objectives.
• Manage suppliers, materials and inventory in a manner consistent with the requirements of a Lean Six-Sigma manufacturing environment.
• Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
• Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
• Provide required support to Global Procurement Commodity Leaders as needed during supplier selection process.
• Promote APICS certification within the facility.
• Develop and implement a professional development program for materials personnel.
• Ensure alignment of the production plan to the published SIOP consensus plan.
• Drive improved supplier relationships.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Percentage of Travel:
Min. Yrs. Experience:7 - 10+
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution) and a superior understanding of manufacturing material flow in a plant.
• Must possess a strong customer service orientation and provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
• Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
• Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization.
• Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
• Must know how to influence bottom line results.
• Must be a strong communicator and possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
• Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment and be proficient at conflict resolution.
• Must be proficient in information technology systems utilized in Materials Management.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering discipline (MBA desirable).
• APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) required or hiring commitment to obtain in first 18 months of employment.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the integrated functions of materials management in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, MRP manufacturing practices, and progressive supplier relationships.
• A minimum of 3 years in managerial experience focusing on standardizing planning & execution, reducing sourcing complexity, and talent development.
• Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
• Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
• Experience with visual management systems.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mon, August 6, 2012
by A. Butler