Admission Requirements to the MBA program
1. A bachelor's degree with an acceptable grade point average (2.5 overall or 2.6 last 60 hours) from a
regionally accredited four-year college or university.
2. An acceptable score on the GMAT or GRE, taken within the last five years. This requirement will be
waived if the student has earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0, or if the student has earned a Master's degree
from a regionally accredited college or university.
3. An official transcript with the baccalaureate degree posted and mailed directly by the registrar from
the college or university that granted the undergraduate degree must be sent to the Office of Graduate
Admissions. Official transcripts must be submitted from all institutions that the student has received
credit for work completed toward the undergraduate degree.
4. A completed Application for Admission form with a $25 check for the non-refundable application fee
made payable to Campbellsville University.
5. A completed resume and an essay that includes a statement of professional goals must be sent to the
School of Business and Economics.
6. International applicants whose primary language is not English and who are not a graduate of a
college or university in the U.S. must submit a score of 79-80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL exam;
IELTS of 6.0; Pearson score of at least 53; or earn at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average from a
regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. with a minimum of 6 hours. An official
certified independent evaluation by WES of work done at foreign institutions must be sent to the
Office of Graduate Admissions prior to acceptance into the program.
7. International students who do not hold a permanent resident visa in the United States must submit
evidence of financial support before an I-20 form can be processed.
8. Three letters of reference must be sent to the Office Of Graduate Admissions. One must be a
Interested international students should contact the Center for International Education at 270-789-5051.
The School of Business and Economics will inform the applicant of status of the application, but it is the applicant's responsibility to be certain that all necessary documents are on file by published deadlines for admission. Under exceptional circumstances, students may be accepted to the program on a provisional basis and allowed to enroll for a maximum of six credit hours of coursework prior to full completion of the application file. A letter from the academic dean must confirm admission. A student will not be allowed to register for a second session until the application file is complete.
All applicants who have not completed undergraduate courses in any one or all of the following areas:
Accounting, Finance, Economics, and/or Statistics, are to take undergraduate courses in these areas as prerequisites or take subject MBA/PMBA Primer pretests BEFORE admission to the program. The MBA/PMBA Primer pretests are free of charge and may be taken only one time. If students do not score 70% or higher on the pretests, they must complete the corresponding preparatory modules. After completion of the modules, students must score 70% or higher on the post-tests to satisfy the prerequisite requirements.
The MBA/PMBA Primer includes individual courses and a comprehensive course which includes all of the courses combined. Students may take as much time as necessary to be successful in the MBA/PMBA Primer courses. Expect to spend between 20 and 30 hours total on the four modules and post-tests. Individual study time will vary. The entire course is web based. There is no textbook involved. The pretest or post-test scores will not appear on a student’s transcript at Campbellsville University. Students will not be admitted to the program until all prerequisite requirements have been met.