Description: The Merchandising Specialist / Retail Specialist position is responsible for stocking and zoning product, maintaining account aesthetics, and assisting with project execution as directed by the District Sales Manager. Daily communication and follow-up with the territory Sales Representative is expected.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain account aesthetics (zoning, alphabetizing, modular integrity).
- Move product from the back room to the sales floor and set to modular/plan-o-gram.
- Perform inventory counts and pulls.
- Communicate to the Sales Representative on a daily basis as to all activities accomplished as well as any sales opportunities.
- Work flexible shifts (am or pm) based on store requirements and needs.
- If warranted to improve territory efficiencies, position may be assigned a handheld device to be used for inventory maintenance, product placement, project execution, etc. (If assigned a device, job title is changed to Retail Specialist to identify device assignment.)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work could be performed while sitting, standing or walking.
- Work performed will entail fine manipulation of hands and/or fingers, as well as repetitive hand action.
- It will additionally entail bending, twisting, squatting and climbing, as well as upper and lower body mobility. Work flexible shifts (am or pm) based on store requirements and needs.
- High School Equivalency or Equivalency Exam preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required as travel to additional locations may be necessary.
- Automobile liability insurance is required to be maintained.
- Must have internet and email access, computer and printing capability
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills - the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written communication - the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve.
For more information and to apply online go to: http://tinyurl.com/bmlypad
Posted on Tue, March 12, 2013
by Daisy Perez