The job function of the middle school counselor includes teacher-based guidance, individual/group counseling, academic planning, parent education, grouping and scheduling students. The counselor is the school agent for and community and orients students, parents, and teachers to the middle school. The counselor is responsible for maintaining and auditing the records for each of the students.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates a developmental, preventative guidance program which enhances the school consolidated plan.
· Provides individual, small group and classroom guidance and counseling for students, parents, and staff
· Develops and implements orientation programs for the transition of students from one level/program to another, i.e., elementary to middle and middle to secondary school.
· Abilities and preventive approaches to discipline.
· Duties may include performance of health services, for which training will be provided.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
· Master's Degree with major in guidance and counseling
· Certification in guidance and counseling by Kentucky Department of Education
· Three (3) years of successful teaching experience or relevant school based experience
· Successful experience in the middle school
· Knowledge of group dynamics
· Demonstrated communication skills
DEADLINE: May 3, 2013
For more information go to:
Mon, February 18, 2013
by daisy perez