JOB APPLY URL:
Patient Advocate - Contract Position
At Kindred Healthcare, our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
We have a current opening for a Patient Advocate to support our nursing facilities. This is a long term contract position. This position will support our Harrodsburg facility located in Harrodsburg, Kentucky.
This position is responsible for ensuring the patient's stay is satisfactory and that appropriate documentation has occurred. Primary functions include identifying families in need, assisting with management of patient and family expectations, assisting with the resolution of concerns and reviewing the medical record for appropriate documentation of high risk areas - falls and wounds and patient/family education.
* Identify patient concerns and complaints and assist each patient/family in achieving timely resolution of issues.
* Conduct chart reviews to ensure documentation of wounds, falls and patient/family education is occurring per policy.
* Conduct investigations and assist facility with Root Cause Analysis
* Communicate with the State Director of Risk Management and Facility Leadership any concerns about quality of care, family dissatisfaction, and serious events. This may include a written report and intervals to be decided by the SVPCO of Clinical Operations for Kentucky and the State Director of Risk Management.
* May assist facility leadership in staff education on risk management, documentation, investigation protocols and post event management.
* Assure the effectiveness of the facilities complain and grievance process and the angel care program.
* Nursing degree required; LPN preferred
* 3 - 5 years of nursing experience in a long term care setting.
Thu, August 9, 2012
by A. Butler