Police Officer - Recruit/Trainee - (Full-time)
Lexington Division of Police
Location of Job: Lexington, KY
Company Address: 150 East Main St., Lexington Kentucky 40507
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (859) 425-2325
Position Description: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. United States Citizen
2. Between the ages of 21-36 years at filing deadline date
3. High School Diploma or Equivalent Certification
4. Possession of valid driver's license
5. Not have any tattoos, brands or body piercing which are visible while wearing regulation uniforms & not have any other visible disfiguring body alterations
6. Able to read, write and understand the English language and follow instructions.
7. Ability to work a flexible or rotating schedule.
8. A person of sobriety and integrity, and have been an orderly, law-abiding citizen.
9. Never have been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude.
- Applicants must be able to perform all the essential job duties, including but not limited to: having the physical strength and agility necessary to do police work, which includes the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and exposure to hazards; standing, lifting, carrying, walking, running, bending, and effectively dealing with resistance from arrestees.
- Based on preliminary testing (written, physical agility, oral), a certain number of individuals will be required to submit to a polygraph and background investigation and psychological suitability screening prior to a conditional job offer.
- This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement. Union dues or Fair Share amounts will be required.
- All Police Recruit/Trainee positions require drug testing and a complete medical examination after any conditional job offer is extended.
> Patrols a designated area of the Urban County Government to preserve law and order, to prevent and discover the commission of crime, to direct traffic, to reduce traffic accidents and to enforce laws and ordinances.
> Responds to calls and complaints involving automobile accidents, burglaries, neighborhood disturbances, domestic violence situations, reckless drivers, vandalism and other misdemeanors and felonies; makes decisions as appropriate.
> Secures the scene of a crime or accident; administers first aid; lifts latent prints; gathers and identifies evidence; makes photographs and diagrams on the scene; obtains witnesses; and makes arrests.
> Conducts criminal investigations of homicides, rapes, burglaries, robberies, frauds, thefts, assaults, vices and other crimes.
Contact Name: Officer Salina Goins
Website Address for Applying Online: www.lexingtonky.gov/recruit
Posted on Wed, August 15, 2012
by Teresa Elmore