Public Safety Officer --Part Time, Bellarmine University, Louisville KY
Bellarmine is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of diverse backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
Bellarmine’s Department of Public Safety has an opening for a Part-time Public Safety Officer. Responsibilities include working as directed by the Director of Public Safety to ensure a safe campus for students, faculty and staff. This is a part-time, third shift position from 12 p.m. until 8 a.m. daily. However, applicants must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays. Rate: This position pays $12.50/hour
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Checks and secures buildings including authorized admittance and completes building patrols as directed.
• Reports on thefts, acts of violence, and violations of local laws and campus regulations.
• Patrols campus for any unusual situations that could endanger the University community.
• Enforces Traffic Control and Traffic Regulations including assisting disabled vehicles.
• Safeguards all campus properties and human life.
• Maintains good order and discipline throughout all University facilities at all times following established guidelines.
• Administers first aid/CPR (if certified) to injured persons until the arrival of EMS units.
• Works to prevent vandalism, fire/hazard occurrences and provides other safety awareness.
• Provides security for athletic/other functions as directed by the Director of Public Safety.
• Directs building evacuations in the event of fire, bomb threats, or natural disaster.
• Performs duties within scope of responsibility of assigned position. All matters beyond that immediate scope should be referred to the Director of Public Safety.
• Performs all duties with proper attention to improving public relations between the University community and local law enforcement agencies as a whole.
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements for Consideration
Applicants must have High school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience in law enforcement, military or two years of security or corrections experience preferred. Selected applicants must have a valid driver’s license. Knowledge of CPR and first aid is a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Applicant must be able to lift 50 pounds ; Must be able to stand and walk for an extensive amount of time patrolling the campus
Applicants must provide a cover letter and contact information from three professional references by clicking on the APPLY NOW button in this posting.
Posted on Fri, September 6, 2013
by Teresa Elmore