Rank I Program / Master of Arts in School Improvement (MASI)
University offers a Rank I / MASI program for educators interested in continuing their professional education and obtaining a
rank change. Courses are offered in an online format.
Apply to online program
Students must complete at total of 30 hours in the Rank I program:
(a) 15 hours of professional education "core" courses
15 hours selected from a variety of options including, but not limited
to: ESL Endorsement, Gifted Endorsement, Environmental Education, or a professional specialty
area such as Counseling, Biology, Music, Special Education, etc.
The Director of Special Education (DOSE)
certification program is also a professional specialty option in the
Rank I program. It requires 18 hours (in addition to the 15 hours in
the professional education "core").
The ESL, Gifted Endorsement, Environmental Education programs and the DOSE Certification program may be taken independently of Rank I.
For further information, please contact Dr. Lisa Allen, Rank I Program Coordinator at email@example.com or 270.789.5506 (w) 502.507.1523 (cell)
- Submit admission application to graduate admissions. To apply online, click here
The following must be submitted to the office of graduate admissions:
Additional requirements for Director of Special Education:
- Documentation to verify three (3) years experience as a teacher of special education, or
- Documentation to verify one (1) year as a teacher of special education and two (2) years as school psychologist, or
- Documentation to verify three (3) years as master's level speech language pathologist
- 1 letter of recommendation from building administrator or district level administrator
Rank I Curriculum Guidesheets
CAPs Rank I MASI (Master of Arts in School Improvement)
Culminating Project Documents