- Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage.
- Interview patients to obtain all necessary account information
- Verify all insurance and obtain precertification/authorization
- Calculate and collect patient liable amounts
- Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
- Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical information with insurance and financial information
- Assign I-plans accurately and research Patient Visit History to comply with the Medicare 72 hour rule
- Explain policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies. Issue a Business Office letter to all patients according to policy.
- Obtain proper authorization for treatment and approval codes from the insurance carrier for patients presenting for treatment insured by an MCO. Collect co-pays, deposits, and deductibles and documents collection status in the system and chart. Issue waivers for signatures when appropriate.
- Price, key, and detail patient charges. Burst charts for distribution to physician’s billing service, medical records, ancillary departments, and the business office. Check for double charges on all accounts.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- At least one year of registration experience preferred
• High school diploma or GED required
For more information and to Apply go to: http://www.parallon.net/careers
Mon, February 18, 2013
by Daisy Perez