Position Title: Resident Adviser-- full-time
Company Name: Governor's School for Entrepreneurs
Location of Job: Georgetown
200 W. Vine Street
City : Lexington
State : Kentucky
Zip Code : 40507
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: OverviewGovernor’s School for Entrepreneurs will be held from June 22nd- July 12, 2014 on the campus of Georgetown College. Resident Advisors report for duty on June 16th, prior to opening day. June 16th-21st are mandatory training and planning days.
The GSE program is designed to teach high school students how to turn an idea for a product or service into a business opportunity. The program is a hands-on, immersive creative experience for students. Activities will include guest lecturers, field trips to startup companies and large production facilities, team building exercises and recreational activities. The spirit of the program is to foster and encourage collaborative learning through team work and positive social interactions.
For 2014, there will be 2 head resident advisor and 5 resident advisor positions to supervise and lead a total of 50-60 students who will be selected to attend GSE through a competitive application process.
Each resident advisor will be responsible for supervising the residential life of approximately 15-20 students, and should be able to relate activities to the core mission of the GSE program. Some specific duties of RAs include:
1. To develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with students.
2. To initiate contacts, stimulate conversation and excitement among students, to assist in supervision of field trips and to otherwise be involved on an “as needed” basis.
3. To review the general problems and responsibilities of group living with students and to provide advice concerning personal and social adjustments to residential life.
4. To be a resource person and referral agent in regard to health services, student activities, recreation choices and counseling services.
5. To attend all staff meetings and a mandatory weekend training and planning session the week prior to opening day.
6. To report regularly any general problems or concerns with students’ residential life, any damage to the dorm or public facilities, to be aware of non-residents who make unauthorized use of the campus, and to be responsive to other regulations and responsibilities as designated by the Program Manager of GSE.
Resident Advisors will be paid minimum wage ($7.25) and will be provided a room and all meals at no cost. Employment will be conditioned upon an unremarkable background check.
Contact Name: Christine Wildes
Website Address for Applying Online: http://gse.kstc.com/
Posted on Sun, December 1, 2013
by Kyle Becknell