Department: HMH EMERGENCY DEPT
Description: The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is responsible for managing and providing age appropriate patient care, possibly from neonates to geriatrics. This includes the immediate, short-term nursing care needs of patients, as well as, planning for long-term needs. The nurse's scope of practice is determined by the Kentucky Nurse Practice Act and established Hardin Memorial Hospital patient care services policies, procedures and standards of practice and the Emergency Department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Graduate of school of nursing with current unrestricted Kentucky license required.
- Must possess a minimum of two years current nursing experience in a critical care/emergency department setting or related field as deemed acceptable by the department director and/or nurse manager.
- The qualified candidate must possess current BLS certification (CPR) upon hire.
- ACLS and PALS are mandatory and must be obtained within one year of employment.
- TNCC is mandatory and must be obtained within two years of employment.
- New graduates in the emergency department setting will be given two years to obtain their ACLS, PALS and TNCC certifications. Good clinical, organizational, customer service and critical thinking skills.
- Past work record must reflect good attendance, dependable work patterns, positive attitude, excellent customer service, positive co-worker relations/interpersonal skills and job stability.
- Prefer telemetry, critical care, or emergency department experience.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
For more information and to apply online please go to:
Tue, April 30, 2013
by Daisy Perez