Counselors provide systematic and on-going individual and group counseling services related to the academic, vocational social and personal development of students. Secondary school counselors provide information, consultation, appraisal, testing, and referral services designed to achieve appropriate program selection, placement and career planning for students. Major component responsibilities include orientation, academic planning, and class scheduling for individual students, maintenance of all student records, and the implementation of federal, state, and local educational mandates.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates a developmental, preventative guidance program which enhances the school consolidated plan.
· Provides individual, small group, and classroom guidance and counseling for students, parents, and staff to promote student success in academics, career, and personal/social development.
· Registers, orients, and schedules all secondary students into appropriate classes and makes necessary schedule adjustments to meet individual needs.
· Certifies students' progression towards graduation; e.g., calculates accumulated credits, grade point averages, and class standings; records test information and determines promotion and retention decisions.
· Coordinates the referral of all students to the district's optional, alternative, G.E.D., and Independent Study programs and to community agencies.
· Provides recommendations to colleges, post-secondary schools, scholarship sources, and employers; assists in the maintenance of the College Entrance Testing Program, and provides scholarship and financial aid information to students.
· It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations. The work at times requires bending.
· Master's Degree with major in guidance and counseling
· Certification in guidance and counseling by Kentucky Department of Education
· Three (3) years of successful teaching experience or relevant school based experience
· Knowledge of curriculum and course offerings
· Knowledge of group dynamics
· Demonstrated communication skills
DEADLINE: May 3, 2013
SUBMIT DOCUMENTS VIA E-MAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional questions or information, please call Recruitment and Development at 485-6794.
Mon, February 18, 2013
by daisy perez