Duties include maintaining general control and security of buildings, parks, parking garages, facilities and/or grounds in an assigned area; and other related duties.
- read and write; ability to use a computer
- operate a two way radio;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public and employees;
- stay calm in hostile situations.
- High school or GED and one (1) year of experience as a security officer or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work 24/7, be available for call back duty, and mandatory overtime.
- Must be able to climb stairs and do EXTENSIVE walking during each shift and working in various weather conditions.
Due to the nature of this position, individuals recommended for employment will be required to submit to a polygraph and background check. In addition, individuals should be of sobriety and integrity, orderly, and law abiding citizen with no criminal arrests or associations.
BACKGROUND CHECK NOTIFICATION
Because of the nature of work individual shall submit to a background check as part of the examination process and must successfully complete same before being eligible for certification and/or employment.
For more information and to on how to apply go to: https://jobs.lexingtonky.gov/careers
Posted on Fri, March 1, 2013
by Teresa Elmore