Credit hours required: 69
The purpose of the Spanish Education P-12 is to enable students to teach Spanish P-12 and to achieve competence in the different levels of proficiency in all language skills: reading, speaking, writing and listening by developing an understanding of the Spanish language and culture. Spanish Education major will reach a different levels of Spanish based on the national guidelines (5Cs) from the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- The program will provide standards of academic excellence.
- The major in Spanish Education P-12 provides knowledge and understanding of other cultures, including their art, film, literature, history, music, etc.
- The major is designed to help students develop an understanding of current theories of foreign language learning through the implications of key research for teaching in all P-12 levels.
- Make comparison to other languages and develop insights into the nature of language and culture
- Participate in multilingual communities at home and around the world.
Spanish Education, P-12.CURRICULUM GUIDESHEET.docx