Position Title: Student Pastor
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Company Name: Macedonia Baptist Church
Location of Job: Owensboro, KY
: 4839 Millers Mill Rd.
City : Owensboro
State : Kentucky
Zip Code : 42303
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
: Please include email in job posting
Contact Phone: (270) 686-8616
This position will lead the high school ministry, growing them in relationships with each other and with Christ and will direct a comprehensive Junior high and high school ministry for students 6th grade and older. The Student Pastor provides leadership, training, support and oversight to student ministry volunteers. The role is responsible for defining and implementing strategies to meet a vision for our student ministries, a role that includes teaching and organizing Sunday morning youth ministries and a Wednesday evening large group gathering. Additionally, he will be responsible for the implementation and development of a college ministry, providing spiritual direction and organization.
While all ministries at Macedonia Baptist Church will function within the framework of the larger church vision, the Student Pastor will seek to creatively implement that vision in a relevant and effective manner within the Youth Ministry. The successful candidate will have a passion for reaching and discipling teenagers, the ability to communicate well with parents and an ability to plan and work within a youth budget. The Student Pastor would answer directly to the Senior Pastor, assisting the pastor and serving the church in other areas of pastoral care.
• Active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ; evidenced by action, attitude, speech & behavior
• Experience in church ministry (volunteer or paid), with preference in youth ministry experience
• Effective communication skills (written, verbal & interpersonal)
• Demonstrated ability to understand and relate, building deep relationships with youth and their families
• Ability to reach out and connect with youth in the church and in the community
• Married with a wife eager to be involved in youth ministry and church
• A Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on Ministry/Bible; Master’s Degree preferred but not required
Contact Name: Search Committee
Please enter the code above: : d37b4d3
Tue, September 24, 2013
by Teresa Elmore