The Certification “option” is for non-education, undergraduate students who would like to be prepared to work with students who are non-native speakers of English. This 13-hour option is offered completely online.
TESL Endorsement/Certification program includes 5 courses with a total of 13 hours of course work, and has a 30-hour field experience component built in.
These courses are:
- ED/TSL 240 Language and Culture
- ED/TSL 250 TESL Assessment and Testing
- ED/TSL 340 L2 Acquisition
- ED/TSL 440 Applied Linguistics And English Grammar
- ED/TSL 460 TESL Methods And Materials for P-12 Teaching