Job Description: Provides specialized Web support to Communications Department and clients throughout the company. Contributes to the oversight of LG&E and KU corporate website site and Intranet and ensures the look and feel is consistent with the company’s brand and image. Collaborates with divisions/departments for content that is accurate and supports corporate strategies.
- Under limited to no supervision, helps design, maintain and coordinate the corporate Internet and Intranet sites as well as electronic publications.
- Serves a key role in implementing emerging technologies and advances in external/internal Web communications -- content management capabilities, Web measurement tools, client surveys, outage information, virtual newsroom, e-commerce, etc.
- Works closely with the senior web specialist, the social media specialist, digital communications specialist and the Information Technology Department to coordinate Web technology efforts within the corporation.
- Provides proactive counsel, strategic planning and support to in-house clients, helping meet the Web communications needs of their respective audiences (employees, media, community, customers, etc.); provides Web development/design support; collaborates on design that meets brand standards and content that meets corporate guidelines for quality, accuracy and consistency; ensures content is interesting and informative and site navigation is user-friendly.
- Performs benchmarking Web research to ensure LG&E and KU sites are current with the latest technologies and that the needs of our customers/employees are being met.
Bachelor of arts degree in graphic arts, fine arts, marketing or journalism preferred. Three or more years of experience in Web content work.
Special Qualifications -
- Individual must have a strong understanding of Web design and be knowledgeable of communication practices.
- Should also be a self-starter, a forward thinker and possess good interpersonal skills.
Must have a solid understanding of HTML, CSS, graphics creation with Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- Must have a solid understanding of a variety of content management technologies including, but not limited to, Drupal, Site core, and SharePoint.
- Must also have understanding of Microsoft Office. Experience with basic video editing a plus.
For more information and to apply go to: http://louisville.iabc.com/careers/local-job-board?goback=%2Egde_37040_member_219588914
Mon, March 11, 2013
by Daisy Perez