How Can the Writing Center Help Me?
• Understanding and managing writing assignments through the Writing Process
• Brainstorming and generating ideas for a writing assignment
• Identifying a clear, effective thesis
• Establishing a coherent organizational structure
• Fully developing and supporting ideas
• Correct documentation in using and citing sources
• Coaching on techniques of proofreading to assist in correct grammar and mechanics use
Please note the hierarchy of bullets. The purpose of a consultation is not to produce a technically perfect paper with sole focus on grammar and mechanics but to help students develop skills and strategies that will help them not only with one paper but with future writing assignments.
Are appointments required?
Appointments are strongly recommended. While the staff does its best to accommodate walk-ins, they cannot guarantee that students who drop in without an appointment will be seen. Scheduling an appointment in advance is the only way to ensure that you will be able to meet with a consultant on a specific day and at a preferred time.
How far in advance should I schedule an appointment?
Because our appointments are on a first-come first-served basis, we recommend scheduling your appointment at least one week before the paper's due date. During high demand weeks (such as midterms and finals), we recommend that you contact us two to three weeks in advance.
How can I schedule an appointment?
Students can make an appointment by:
• Visiting the Writing Center in person at BASC, Room 201
• Calling Director Crenshaw at 270-789-5438
• Sending an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you’d like an ongoing weekly appointment with a Writing Consultant, complete the Tutor Request Form at http://www.campbellsville.edu/request-a-tutor