Grapevine Christian Church is seeking a summer youth intern with the possibility of them even commuting back to Madisonville, KY on the weekends to continue to do ministry with our youth. To apply contact or send resume to P.Josh Lee, Senior Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org or call church office for an application form 270-821-4089.
**Grapevine Christian Church, 2205 Grapevine Road, Madisonville KY
The mission of this internship is to first equip a godly man to pastor in a Christ-centered manner. And the second is to disciple and connect with the youth of Grapevine. The mission will be accomplished through hands on spiritual formation, church leadership, biblical preaching and pastoral care.
The goal of the internship experience is to provide the intern with a ministry context where they can integrate theory and practice under the care of a mentoring pastor. It is in a church-based ministry that the intern will be able to experience the realities of pastoral ministry, and the complexities of pastoral leadership. Under the guidance of a mentoring pastor the intern will experience the various facets of pastoral ministry while developing their pastoral skills. It is Grapevines desire to provide the intern with the broadest exposure to ministry while providing the specific opportunities tailored to the intern’s individual’s gifts and interest.
SEE JOB DESCRIPTION BELLOW
What We Can Offer
A furnished basement apartment with 1 bed room, 1 bath, kitchen, living room and rec. room is available in the parsonage, located on the church property. The utilities would be included in this package. The elders have not yet determined what kind of financial compensation we can offer but can guarantee you won’t go hungry and traditionally we’ve collected an offering at the end of the summer. This will be discussed in detail later.
Pastoral Internship Requirements:
1. The internship is to take place during the summer. Dates for this will be tailored to the intern’s availability.
2. MINIMUM LEVEL (IF YOU WERE TO GET A PART-TIME JOB IN TOWN) The internship requires at least 10-12 weeks of participation with a minimum of 150 total hours of actual face-to-face contact with the ministry for the summer. This averages 10 hours a week of on-site ministry, plus an additional 2 hours of one-on-one mentoring by the pastor in the areas of spiritual formation, character development, and ministerial experience. On an average the intern will spend approximately a total of 12-15 hours per week investing in their internship combining the on-site ministry, one-on-one mentoring, and actual preparation for ministry related activities.
3. MAXIMUM LEVEL The internship requires at least 10-12 weeks of participation with a minimum of 250 total hours of actual face-to-face contact with the ministry for the summer. This averages 20 hours a week of onsite ministry, plus an additional 2-4 hours of one-on-one mentoring by the pastor in the areas of spiritual formation, character development, and ministerial experience. On average the intern will spend approximately a total of 20-25 hours per week investing in their internship combining the on-site ministry, one-on-one mentoring, and actual preparation for ministry related activities.
4. The internship requires that you agree with the core doctrine of the church (as outlined in the attached document).
Ministry Title: Youth Ministry Intern
• Have a viable and thriving relationship with Jesus Christ
• Display spiritual maturity and a teachable spirit
• Is striving to see the fruit of the Spirit made increasingly more evident in his/her life.
• Possess an authentic and holistic interest for the different aspects of worship disciplines and expressions.
• Have satisfactory organizational skills
• Be capable of recruiting, developing, coordinating, equipping and delegating to various teams of volunteers.
• Have an understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it
• Be committed to our local church and be in agreement with our core doctrine, mission, and values.
• Willing to receive constructive feedback from Senior Pastor and elders in order to have continuous improvement and growth personally and ministerial.
• Engage in constructive feedback with the leadership team in order to brain storm new and innovative ideas to see growth and improvements.
Lines of Accountability/Communication
• Senior Pastor
• Elder Board
• Youth Ministry Director oversees all of those in leadership within his specific ministry.
• To effectively lead and direct youth meetings (i.e. services, small groups, special events, camps, retreats, conferences, conventions)
• Create an encouraging, exciting and safe process through which Junior High and Senior High School students can experience life change relationally, emotionally, and spiritually, which can lead the students toward an intimate relationship with Christ, and an active faith in Christ
• Provide overall direction to Junior and Senior High (i.e. vision, structure, leaders, students and parents)
• Implement service and mission projects for our students both in our city and country
• Creatively use students, with their gift mix, to build a solid team to impact our church and city for the gospel
• To be team focused – able to recruit, train, and shepherd other volunteers
• Work with the Treasure to determine annual ministry budget
• Work with the Facilities Ministry to pre-plan the usage and scheduling of the building
• Work with the Communications Ministry in promoting upcoming events (website, bulletin, sign, fb etc.)
• Work with parents, teachers, counselors, and others while at the same time effectively resourcing them to improve the impact of their ministries.
• Work with the Children’s Ministry Director to build bridges for students to transition from elementary ministry
• Able to promote and sustain a strong volunteer culture
• Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace
• Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority
Thu, February 6, 2014
by Teresa Elmore