Click here for most recent updates

LIVE STREAM

NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION, 8/19/23

LIVE STREAM

Corey Cundiff Art Exhibit starts Dec. 5 at Campbellsville University

Nov. 30, 2016
For Immediate Release

By Jordan Snider, student news writer

CAMPBELLSVILLE, Ky. – Corey Cundiff, a senior from Springfield, Ky., will be holding his senior art exhibit in the Pence-Chowning Art Gallery from Dec. 5 until Dec. 15.

Cundiff will be showing paintings, drawings, sculpture, graphic design and printmaking. The reception will be held on Saturday, Dec. 10 from 3:30 to 5 p.m.

Everyone is invited to both the exhibit and reception.

Cundiff graduated from Washington County High School. He is receiving his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in December with a concentration in graphic design. He has previously shown his work in the 2015 and 2016 Annual Student Juried Shows at Campbellsville University..

Cundiff said, “I am one of eight children, and being one of the oldest, I often thought that my younger sibliings would be more of a bother to my artistic process. Without even realizing, however, they have impacted my art style.

“Spending time with younger siblings reading, watching television and playing with them gave me insight into illustrative work that appeals to children. I want my artwork to be appropriate for all ages.”

He said his art work represents many different aspects of life in a basic way that is easily observable by everyone.

Cundiff said, “I am amazed by the amount of inspiration that I gain from my friends and family members on a daily basis.”

The Pence-Chowning Art Gallery is open this semester during the following hours: Mondays and Fridays, 9 a.m. until 5:50 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. until 3:50 p.m. except 12 to 12:50 p.m. and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.

For more information, contact Linda J. Cundiff, chair of the Department of Art and Design and professor of art, at (270) 789-5268 or at ljcundiff@campbellsville.edu.

Campbellsville University is a widely acclaimed Kentucky-based Christian university with more than 4,500 students offering over 80 programs of study including 19 master’s degrees, six postgraduate areas and seven pre-professional programs. The university has off-campus centers in Louisville, Harrodsburg, Somerset and Hodgenville with instructional sites in Elizabethtown, Owensboro and Summersville and a full complement of online programs. The website for complete information is campbellsville.edu.