MICHAEL V. CARTER
President, Campbellsville University
- Ph.D. Ohio State University (1984)
- M.A. Marshall University (1979)
- Additional graduate study: Andover-Newton Theological School, Newton Centre, MA
- B.A. Marshall University (1976)
Date of Birth: August 12, 1954
Marital Status: Married to Debra Ann Carter (MSSW, LCSW)
Children: Eric 39, Alicia 32, and Wesley 25
Campbellsville University, Campbellsville, KY
Carson-Newman College, Jefferson City, TN
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Professor of Sociology
Judson College, Elgin, IL
Instructor of Sociology and Director of Christian Ministries
Ohio State University
Warner Southern College, Lake Wales, FL
Recent Campbellsville University Accomplishments
- 2014- 15 record number of on-line students and reaffirmation by SACSCOC
- Fall 2013 the main campus grew by 98 resident students from 2012 with another record enrollment for the main campus (12 straight years of record enrollment).
- Spring 2016 record enrollment
- Ranked as a top regional university in the south by U.S.News & World Report
- Among America’s Best Christian Colleges
- Rated as a Military Friendly School
- Named a Champions of Character Institution by the NAIA
- New Facilities on campus: Numerous improvements to the campus groundsMen’s & Women’s Village Additions, the Heilman Student Complex including the Davenport Commons and the Winters Dining Hall, the School of Nursing, the Classroom Building for Carver School, the Ransdell Chapel, the School of Education, the Gosser Gymnasium, turf and lights for Finley Stadium as well as lighting for the baseball field and the tennis courts. Currently in the planning phase are: a new School of Business, Wellness Center, and improvements for the visual arts which will result in an arts village.
- New academic programs have been added with CU now offering over 80 programs of study including 24 master’s degrees, seven postgraduate areas and eight pre-professional programs
- New regional sites have been opened in Louisville, Hodgenville, and Somerset with continued growth of CU’s regional footprint in process.
- New athletic programs include: archery, bowling, bass fishing, men’s and women’s wrestling.
Member of Campbellsville Baptist Church