The Theater Department provides instruction in both the theory and practice of theater performance and production.
The department’s Minor allows for study of theater practices overall, while the Theater Majors allow the student a more focused path of study in either Performance or Production.
The department seeks to enable students to succeed in both academic and vocational pursuits by working towards the following objectives:
- To enable students to succeed in academic and vocational pursuits;
- To prepare students for a lifelong service to God and to the world through the perspective of theater arts;
- To be a foundation in learning aspects of theater arts, and to help students structure their talents for a career in theater;
- To provide a quality learning environment in which students can learn about and engage in the theater arts.
Theater Policies and Procedures
Youth Theater Summer Camp
History of the Campbellsville University Theater
Faculty and Staff
Careers in Theater
- Professional Actor/Actress
- Production Assistant
- Stage Manager
- Dramaturg/Literary Manager
- Theatre Educator
- Drama Therapist
- Scenic Artist
- Press Agent
- Casting Director