How to Apply for Aid with FAFSA
Whether you are a prospective student or will be returning to college, you need to apply for financial aid. To apply for financial aid you need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (also called the FAFSA), which can be found online at fafsa.gov.
- Make sure you have a Federal Student Aid ID (also called an FSA ID). To create or retrieve your FSA ID go to https://fsaid.ed.gov. This ID is how you will sign the FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, at least one of your parents listed on the FAFSA will also be required to have an FSA ID.
- Once you are ready to file your FAFSA you want to make sure you have your 2019 taxes and W-2’s on hand to file the 2021-2022 FAFSA. Even if you don’t file taxes you still need to file the FAFSA.
- File your FAFSA as each year as soon as possible after October 1st.
- We are here to help if you need assistance filing FAFSA or have questions
- Don’t forget to list Campbellsville University’s school code – 001959
- FAFSA Checklist
Helpful Phone Numbers
CU Office of Financial Aid (270) 789-5013
FAFSA Customer Service 1 (800) 433-3243