Club Highlight Festival
Festival will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Stapp Lawn. Please indicate the amount of tables or chairs you may need.
DEADLINE Oct. 13, 2017
To participate, fill out this form on TigerNet. You will need to log in to complete the form.
- To become a candidate, fill out this form on TigerNet. You will need to log in to complete the form.
- Any club sponsoring a candidate must participate in the production of a float.
- Candidate must be a full time student with at least 28 semester hours completed at Campbellsville University, have a 2.5 overall G.P.A. and not be on academic or social probation from the time of nomination until Homecoming Day.
- Candidate cannot be holding or have previously held a homecoming queen title from Campbellsville University.
- A Freshman Attendant will be selected to be a part of the Queen’s court, but she cannot be elected Queen. These candidates also cannot be on academic or social probation from the time of the nomination until Homecoming Day.
- There will be an informative meeting for candidates Friday, Oct. 13 at 10 a.m. in the Tigers Den.
To create a Homecoming Float, fill out this form on TigerNet. You will need to log in to complete the form.
- The Homecoming theme this year is “Best of the Bluegrass”. Any organization building a float is encouraged to incorporate this theme, but it is not mandatory. However, the Floats that use the theme will have an advantage in the judging process. Please read the Float Guidelines carefully.
- Cash prizes given as follows:
1st place – $300, 2nd place – $200, 3rd place – $100.
- $100 dollars will be given toward the production of up to 8 floats.
- The Taylor County Fairgrounds will be provided for an area to build floats starting Monday, Oct. 09 through Saturday, Oct. 15 at 10:00 a.m. This area is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. To reserve space at the fairgrounds and/or you need assistance in securing a wagon please notify Trent Creason at email@example.com.
- Trailer or wagon must be a minimum of 10ft long
- All floats must be overseen by organization sponsor
- Sponsor must approve of float so that quality entries are entered.
- Float skirts required for farm wagons
- Candy cannot be thrown from float during parade
- Must have a float, walkers alone not allowed.
- All floats must represent Campbellsville University in an appropriate manner true to the values held as an institution.
- Plan ahead
- Budget for the float
- Secure a wagon or trailer early
- Decorate with hardy materials that can handle the trip to the parade.
- Parade start time: 11:00 am
- Location of parade start: Jackson Towers @ 9:30 am
- 1 Clem Haskins Blvd, Campbellsville KY
- Parade prep location: Taylor County Fair Grounds
- Taylor County Fairgrounds 1721 East Broadway, Campbellsville KY 42718
- Where to go after parade: Free to vacate the area with the float.
Taylor County Fairground Guidelines:
- Available Times 8am-10pm
- Pick up all trash and materials before leaving each day
- Only use supplies your organization has purchased
- Do not get paint or anything on building that may stain or cause damage.
- Each club is responsible for tools and personal items. Campbellsville University will be held liable for stolen items.
Areas of Judgment:
- Theme appropriateness
- Creative input
- Quality decorations and costumes
- Effective representation of organization
- Call: 270.789.5161
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org