Athletic Coaching (Minor)
The Athletic Coaching (minor, no major available) is a great program for students desiring to have a career in athletics or to stay connected to their favorites sports through coaching in school or community leagues.
With a Christian foundation, the Athletic Coaching minor will give the student an overall grasp of coaching safety, psychology, theory, conditioning and more.
See the undergraduate catalog link under Program Resources for core and emphasis requirements, general education requirements, electives and course descriptions.
Athletic Coaching Minor 22 credit hours required
Required Courses 13
- HP/CHS 351 Christian Coaching 3
- HP 234 Safety in Sport and Physical Activity 2
- HP 250 Care and Prevention of Athletic Injury 3
- HP 430 Psychology of Sport 3
- HP 485 Internship 2
Coaching Courses 6
Choose three courses from this list:
- HP 322 Coaching Theory of Basketball 2
- HP 312 Coaching Theory of Baseball 2
- HP 335 Coaching Theory of Volleyball 2
- HP 342 Coaching Theory of Football 2
- HP 345 Coaching Theory of Softball 2
- HP 354 Coaching Theory of Soccer 2
- HP 365 Coaching Theory of Tennis 2
Choose one course from this list:
- HP 300 Strength Training and Conditioning 3
- HP 360 Gender and Diversity Issues 3
- HP 370 Sport Facility Design and Management 3 HP 444 Sport Policy and Governance 3