Career Services staff will be glad to assist you with building/editing your resume. By reviewing the website listed below, you should be able to begin your draft. This will provide Career Services a starting point for assisting you with your resume.
After creating a draft, call (270) 789-5192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to fine-tune your resume prior to submitting it for a job. Cover Letters also play a critical role in how you communicate your information to potential employers. Click on the links below for more information.
- Best College Resumes — Learn what you need to get started…and how to develop the very best resume!
- Sample Resume — An example resume so that you can see what a strong resume looks like “on paper” in preparing to develop your own resume.
- Drafting Your First Resume — advice from HigherEd.com
- How to Make a Resume Stand Out — Youtube video by Linda Raynier
- The Reality of Cover Letters — Take a look at the reality of how a cover letter is actually viewed (and reviewed) from a hiring manager perspective.
- Using a Cover Letter — When and How to use a cover letter to catch HR’s attention.
- Sample Cover Letter — This is an example cover letter that you can use as a template for developing your personal cover letter.
- Cover Letter Sample for Higher Ed Jobs
- Cover Letter Do’s (Tips)
- Sample Letter of Reference
- The Very Best Way To Present Your References
Websites with articles on Resumes:
Resume Tip Links For IT Job seekers:
Differences between Curriculum Vitas– CV & Resume:
Job Interview Assistance
Career Services would be happy to help you polish up your interview skills by having a mock interview with you. To schedule the mock interview just stop by our office at TTC 201, call 270-789-5192 or email email@example.com. Click on the links below for more information.