English as a Second Language Institute
Visit the English as a Second Language Institute University website at https://www.campbellsville.edu/esli
The ESLI prepares non-native speakers of English for full-time study at the Louisville Education Center of Campbellsville University. All ESLI students take intensive courses in grammar, reading, writing, speaking, and listening comprehension. Students are tested for English proficiency and placed into the level of study that matches their needs. The ESLI has a state-of-the-art computer writing lab.
Students who successfully complete advanced-level studies of the ESLI are able to enroll at Campbellsville University for the regular university program.
- Classes are very small, averaging 10 to 12 students per class;
- Personal attention is given to help each student succeed;
- Faculty are highly qualified, dedicated, caring and experienced professionals;
- Students who successfully complete advanced studies may enroll in undergraduate studies at Campbellsville University without additional English proficiency examinations (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- One-on-one tutoring is available for all ESLI students;
- In addition to the regular curriculum, students go on field trips to nearby major cities and also visit local tourist attractions, such as My Old Kentucky Home, Abraham Lincoln’s Birthplace and Mammoth Cave.
All ESLI students at the Louisville Education Center live off campus in a nearby apartment complex and are encouraged to room with another student. The apartment complex is within walking distance and there is also a convenient bus service at the complex.
ESLI students are provided with a Campbellsville University Student ID Card which gives access to the Campbellsville University Montgomery Library, and activities on the main campus as well, such as sporting events and concerts.
Campbellsville University is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant international students.