Brown & Brown Insurance in Columbia, KY is seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant to join our team! The Accounting Assistant will support the Accounting Leader and Profit Center Leader with daily accounting functions ranging from cash receipt entry and vendor payables to insurance company payables, reconciliations, and direct bill commission tracking. This position plays a vital role in revenue recognition and cost control.
- Accurate daily cash receipts entry
- Vendor payables and expense tracking
- Direct bill commission reconciliation and transacting
- Agency bill research and reconciliation
- Client receivable balance review
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- If no degree, at least 3+ years of experience
- Must have experience with bookkeeping/accounting and general office functions
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and capable of finishing projects timely and accurately
- Experience with insurance company payables greatly preferred
We would like someone to join our team in a full-time capacity; however, if a graduating senior (May 2020) is interested in pursuing this opportunity, we would be able to schedule their work hours around their remaining classes.
Students and alumni can view the full job posting and apply here: