Institution: Active Day Daycare
Location: Campbellsville, KY
Contact: Stacy Sapp, (270) 465-9279
Online App Form: https://www.Careers-activeday.icims.com
The RN/LPN provides nursing care to members in accordance with physician’s orders and emergent needs. Duties involve coordinating care with other professional disciplines and providing instruction and assistance to members, staff, family members and the general community. The RN/LPN ensures that all work complies with company policies and procedures, safety and regulatory laws and standards.
- Provides nursing care and administers medication to members according to individual plan of care, physician’s orders and emergent needs, and documents clinical and progress notes on the member’s medical record.
- Performs initial nursing assessments, observes, monitors and documents members’ vital signs and responses to treatments and medications, reporting abnormalities to physician. Coordinates care with other member care services (ie: Dietary, Pharmacy, Dental, Rehabilitation, Physical/Speech/Occupational Therapy, Audiology, DME).
- Assists members as needed with daily functional activities, including but not limited to, hygiene, meals, ambulation, arrivals and departures, and social activities.
- Provides health education and instruction to staff, members, family members and the general community as directed. Participates in facility marketing activities.
- Provides emergency care and prepares incident reports as required.
- May perform duties of Director of Nursing as required.
- Participate in continuing nursing education.
- Other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- RN/LPN License, CPR certification, and valid malpractice insurance policy if applicable.
- 1-2 years full time equivalent experience in a licensed health care facility. Geriatric and long-term care experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Dept of Health and Senior Services Manuals of Standards for Adult Day Health Care Licensure
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal environmental and OSHA regulations
- Ability to demonstrate good English communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a cross-functional capacity
- Ability to work flexible schedules on demand
CONDITIONS (Environment, Physical Demands, Hazards, etc)
- Exposure to biological agents (ie: body fluids, micro-organisms)
- Continuous walking/standing up to 4 hours
- Walking up to 4 hours in a 8 hour period
- Standing up to 4 hours in a 8 hour period
- Sitting up to 4 hours in a 8 hour period
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Occasional pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds
- Frequent overhead reaching
Frequent bending, twisting, and kneeling