Social Worker (Part-Time)
All God’s Children International- Greensburg, KY
The Social Worker is responsible for completing social service assessments and reports including but not limited to home studies, post placement and post adoption reports. They are also responsible for educating and supporting families about adoption.
We are needing Social Worker in Greensburg, Elizabethtown, Bowling Green, Franklin, Greenville, Owensboro.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes AGCI home studies, updates, addendums and post adoption reports in compliance with home state, Hague, USCIS and AGCI standards
- Educates families on topics such as attachment and bonding, child health issues, grief and loss, discipline, multi-cultural adoption, country-specific issues, and other risk factors associated with adoption at all phases in adoption process.
- Provides crisis intervention and ongoing support and resource linkage for families seeking disruption/dissolution, when needed, in consultation with VP of Adoption.
- Engages families and prospective families with AGCI’s holistic mission.
- Displays excellent communication skills including in-person customer service, documentation, detail-orientation, and sensitivity with confidential documents and information; displays exceptional ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Successfully completes fifteen (15) continuing education hours each year as required by Hague (or more as required by employee’s professional license).
- Other duties, as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Social Work; one or more years related experience in Child Welfare, including Adoption Services. Advanced training in adoption-related topics preferred.