Position Title: Americorps Member with AdventureServe Ministries
Full-time or Part-time: Part-time
Company Name: AdventureServe Ministries
Location of job: Wilmore KY
Company Address: 50 Campground Lane
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Number: 859-858-0140
Position Description Job Posting: AmeriCorps Member Position
AdventureServe Ministries is accepting applications for AmeriCorps members. This is a temporary position beginning as
early as January 1 and ending August 31, 2018 (6-9 month / 900 hours). Ideal candidates should have strong skills in
communication, volunteer management and cultural sensitivity. AdventureServe Ministries is a Christian organization
based in Wilmore, Kentucky that coordinates missions and wilderness experiences. There are two positions open, both
focused toward the 2018 summer programs. Candidates could work part-time from Jan thru May and then full time in the
summer or work full time from March to August (flexible as long as 900 hours are met). The work schedule could be
adjusted for a college or graduate student and aligned with an academic internship if applicable.
Home Repair Position (Site Manager):
• *Candidates considered for Home Repair service would need basic construction skills.
• Identify residents in need by reviewing applications, meeting with homeowners and assessing problems.
• Creating plans for projects, organizing logistics, guiding volunteers and visiting work sites.
Mystery Trip Position (Manager/Coordinator):
• Coordinate with partner social agencies to provide volunteer teams.
• Train summer staff in volunteer guidance and needs of agencies.
• Communicate with youth leaders and coordinate all service trip logistics.
Additional Responsibilities of both positions:
• Assist with logistics or leadership of our other service programs and training of summer staff.
• Assist with volunteer recruitment, fundraising events and organizational activities.
• Full participation in AmeriCorps member requirements such as meetings and trainings.
The member will hold a position within AdventureServe Ministries similar to other staff members. However, the member
will be employed through the federal AmeriCorps program which is coordinated through the Homeless and Housing
Coalition of Kentucky, specifically within the Homes for All program.
Compensation & Benefits
The member would receive $6,315 as well as healthcare, dental insurance, student loan deferment, and childcare benefits,
if eligible. The member would receive an additional $2,907 educational award toward existing student loans or future
education (Total financial compensation of $9,222 or $10.25/hour). There may be basic lodging provided, laundry
facilities, access to internet services, company vehicle for work purposes, personal office station and summer meals. The
member will receive ongoing supervision and training that intentionally promote vocational and personal growth.
Contact: To learn about the host site, AdventureServe Ministries, go to adventureserve.org. Andy Bathje is coordinating
the selection process (email@example.com or 859-858- 0410). To learn more about the AmeriCorps program, go to
hhck.org and review the Homes-For- All AmeriCorps program.
Contact Name: Andy Bathje
Website Address for Applying Online: https://www.adventureserve.org/