WHAS11 in Louisville is looking for an engaging, innovative anchor/multi-skilled journalist to join our news team.
This position will primarily anchor our weekday morning newscast. In addition to anchoring, you will be required to report. Our anchors are “working” journalists who report regularly. You must be able to work with our EP and producers to create an engaging morning newscast filled with fresh, unique, and forward-thinking content.
We are looking for someone who is a leader. Candidates should have examples of strong anchoring, breaking news reporting and creative storytelling. We need someone who can dig for great story ideas and turn them into great stories.
This person will create unique, shareable and compelling stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
Candidates should also have strong news judgment and be a team player willing to do whatever it takes to help make sure our newscasts are strong and compelling.
- Minimum 3-5 years of anchor/reporting experience
- Journalism and/or Mass Communication degree preferred
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skill
- Outstanding use of social media for news gathering and community engagement
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to cultivate sources
- Community and/or talent appearances.
- Perform other tasks as required by management
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience, preferably as an anchor/reporter.
- MSJ potion will require the ability to shoot, write, edit, and produce.
- Physical Demands: Light wor
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JhOxRJjx