TEGNA owned WHAS has an excellent opportunity for a talented Full-Time Assistant News Director. Applicants must have breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms. This position requires leadership, solid decision making skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic newsroom environment. Candidates must have social media and digital experience and the ability to foster creativity, generate new ideas and implement innovative ideas across all platforms.
This position is responsible for managing daily coverage and operations and is responsible for consistently executing strategies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 8/28/2020
Closing Date: 9/28/2020
City, State: Louisville, Kentucky
- Plans coverage, story selection and ensures effective delivery of daily newscasts.
- Manages the daily performance of multi skilled journalists, from story concept to execution. Supports producers by providing editorial skills, copy editing, and creative production and storytelling skills.
- Leads daily editorial meetings.
- 3 years television experience; College degree in journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in creative content production
- Excellent people management skills.
- Digital content skills social platform
- Strong organizational skills in a fast paced environment and deadline driven environment.
No previous experience required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
*Apply Online at: www.tegna.com/careers