- Assist coaches in various secondary school athletic programs.
- Assist coaches in daily and long-range athletic activities.
- Assist coaches in planning the athletic program.
- Conduct learning experiences, under the direction of the head coaches, with small groups of student athletes.
- Assist coaches in guiding participants toward a harmonious team spirit.
- Assist in providing escort assistance, and supervision to athletes during periods of team travel.
- Recommend to the head coach the purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate for the health, safety, and welfare of student athletes.
- Perform other non-coaching duties assigned by the principal, athletic director, or head coach.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Fundamentals of various sports.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Assist coaches on one or more sports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination equivalent to: a high school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a G.E.D. as required by Kentucky law
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Successful completion of ABLE test, criminal record check, AIDS awareness training, and current certification in first aid and CPR.