Postion: Seasonal Intern – Assistant Camp Director
Company Name: Camp Horsin’ Around
Location of job: 1159 Claunch Road, Perryville, KY 40468
Company Address: Camp Horsin’ Around, 1159 Claunch Rd.
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 8593320001
Position Description: Camp Horsin’ Around– 2018 Summer Camp Internship
This paid internship will provide a mix of opportunities for learning applied and administrative traits of a non-profit and summer camp programming. Camp Horsin’ Around’s summer programming tentatively spans from May 25th – August 12th. This internship could possibly begin before May 25th and end after August 12th.
The Summer Camp Intern would support Camp Horsin’ Around staff by playing an active role in the exciting summer camps occurring at Camp Horsin’ Around 2018 season. Summer camps can start as early as May 25th with a mandatory training day(s) before camps start. Schedules vary on the camper groups programming but a day could start as early as 6am or end as late as 10pm.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: camp safety, camp historian (Pictures and videos), assisting in preparation of materials for camper groups, assisting in activity areas if needed (rock wall, creek, pond etc.), assisting in set up, clean up and daily running of camp as well as some clerical duties as in filing, data entry, research and more.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Camper safety – know and follow through with CHA’s emergency plan.
- Camp Historian – interact with the campers and staff to record photos and videos of camp activities and camper/staff interaction.
- Preparation of materials for upcoming camps – contact camper groups before their stay with key information as well as gain information CHA needs to accommodate their stay.
- Assist in activity areas – Training will be provided for all activity areas. Basic Life-saving certification needed for lifeguard roles.
- Assisting in set up, clean up – make sure camp is ready for each camper group and make sure camp has been cleaned after each camper group leaves.
- Clerical duties – conduct a survey at the end of each camp group; assist in end of the season stats etc.
Preferred Qualifications and skills
- Experience working with children ages 5-18, preferably children with special needs or whose health has been compromised.
- Interest in non-profit organizations, public health, recreation, children
- Demonstrate use of computer applications as in Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be enrolled in college level courses
- Comfortable working outside.
Physical requirements include standing and walking for long periods. Lifting up to 10 pounds.
Camp Horsin’ Around supports organized groups to provide an outdoor camp adventure for children whose health is compromised or who have special needs. In mid 2002, a small group of central Kentuckians founded a non-profit (501(c)(3)), recruited a board of directors, began seeking donations and started looking for land. The result is now a 191-acre property located in Kentucky’s Boyle and Mercer Counties with permanent camping facilities necessary for children whose health is compromised. The site includes cabins, a fully-equipped medical clinic, open air pavilions, a dining hall, and additional activity areas including a pool, rock climbing wall, pond for fishing and boating, basketball court, archery, and accessible swinging bridge over the Chaplin River.
Please submit resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Annette Cook
Please apply by email